Make giant sized cupcakes. This is a neat, giant twist to an old tried and true method of serving cupcakes. If you have kids, it adds even more fun. The Big Top CupCake molds would make a wonderful any occasion gift for tweens, teens, friends, or family members that like to get a creative streak while baking!
Since this product is geared at kids, and family, I wanted to see just how well my 11 year old daughter could go from the beginning, to end on making a giant cupcake. Of course she was supervised, however she did the work. She has made cakes, cookies, brownies, and other baked treats before, with little supervision for the oven, and measuring ingredients.
The size of the mold is generous to say the least, and removing the cake’s upper and lower portions after cooled were a breeze. Even with all the dimples in the mold, the cake slid right out.
This is the very first Big Top CupCake my daughter baked. She did a great job, however that particular mix wasn’t playing nice for her. The mold is marked on the side with a fill line, the reaming mix goes into the “top” mold.
Take note of the picture, that this particular cake mix, was not playing nice with us. I had another of the same kind, and used it in a regular cake pan, and it still didn’t play nice. See how the cake mix acted crumby? (pun intended) My daughter and I have had a great time with Big Top CupCake.
As you can see in the 2nd picture the mold performed well, and there are no crumblings. When I started icing the giant cupcake, it somehow drew attention through the entire house. Even hubby come in and had a go at it. He’s the one responsible for the swirls. It’s not a grand masterpiece, but we had fun with it, and it’s ours.
A 1315.2 pound cupcake. Now your Big Top Cupcake mold isn’t going to make one quite that big, but the folks at BigTop Cupcake did. Guinness World Record holder for Largest Cupcake! Throughout the THINK PINK ROCKS concert, dozens of people donated money in exchange for a piece of the prized pink cupcake, which was reduced to crumbs by evening’s end. All proceeds went to breast cancer research.
Thank you to the folks at Big Top CupCake for giving us this opportunity. One NetWorkingWitches reader also has the chance to win their very own! See below on how to enter.
Mandatory Entry –
- To enter, visit Big Top CupCake and tell me which creative idea you would try first.
Extra Optional Entries –
- Subscribe to our Feed.
- Subscribe to our Email.
- Follow Networking Witches Follow @CountrySprite on Twitter. (1 entry for each followed)
- Twitter this giveaway feel free to copy and paste this: (You can tweet daily but must leave a direct link back to your tweet.) #NetWorkingWitches Is giving away a Big Top CupCake Baking Mold Ends 01/04 Daily entry with RT http://tinyurl.com/y9mf7za
- Grab our Snow Days & Holidays button and post the link where we can find it. (2 Entries)
- Add our text link to your blogroll and leave us a link to it. http://www.networkingwitches.com
- Blog about this giveaway linking to Networking Witches and the sponsor. Come back and leave us the direct link. (5 entries)
Giveaway Ends 01/04/10@ 11:59PM CST
I was sent sample(s) of the above mentioned product(s) to review, I was not paid any monetary compensation for this review. This post is my opinion and should be taken as just that. Having received samples has no impact on my personal use, experience, like or dislike for any product.