Do you remember Atari? Playing pong, pointlessly batting the “pong” back and forth to one another? I do, and it amazes me that it kept anyone’s attention for more than 5 minutes. Games have certainly changed since Atari. Well now we have games like this. Puzzler World for Nintendo DS, over 1,000 games, 500 hours of playtime! You can create up to 3 profiles to track performance and monitor your best times.
The “Stop & Save” feature allows you to continue challenging puzzles the next time you play.
You can play puzzles in two game modes. Quickplay to jump in and play any puzzle,or as I use it to practice, and learn how to play different puzzles. Then there is Challenge Mode for unlocking new puzzles and hidden surprises. At the end of each game you get a mini-challenge, if you win you earn “coins”, which you use to “buy” hints for any puzzle you are in.
Games include, Word search, Fit word, Sudoku, Link-a-Pix, Crossword, Silhouette, Spot the Difference, Codeword, Hangman, Equate, Jigsaw, Picture Quiz, Chain Letters, Missing Piece.
I have had a great time playing the many puzzles on Puzzler World, initially I was concerned that I may get bored of the games, or that they would repeat resulting in memorizing a game, and being bored with it quickly. Such is not the case with Puzzler World. I’m no where near half way through the games, and have spent at least an hour (sometimes two) a night playing these games.
An additional feature on Puzzler World is that it has handwriting recognition. With Puzzler World you play most puzzles using the stylus in your own handwriting style. The game learns to recognize your writing. Not the other way around as some other games are.
Puzzler World is rated E for Everyone, with alcohol reference, and tobacco reference.
I have spent a good bit of time playing Puzzler World, and the only thing I personally can find that might reference either of those two things would be in some of the wordsearch games, or crossword puzzles. As of this point, I have not personally encountered either.
Developed by Ideas Pad
One lucky NetWorkingWitches reader will win his/her own copy of Atari Puzzler World for Nintendo DS!
Don’t want to wait to win it? Well you can buy it. $19.99 for the Nintendo DS Version.
Mandatory Entry –
- To enter, visit Atari Video Games for Puzzler World & tell me from the screen shots which game you think you would like best.
Extra Optional Entries –
- Subscribe to our Feed.
- Follow us using NetWorked Blogs
- Subscribe to our Email.
- Follow Networking Witches Follow @CountrySprite on Twitter. (1 entry for each followed)
- Twitter this giveaway feel free to copy and paste this: (You can tweet daily but must leave a direct link back to your tweet.) Enter To Win Nintendo DS Game Puzzler World With NetWorkingWitches Ends 01/05 http://tinyurl.com/ydhazgv
- Grab our button, and leave us the link of where to find it.
- Add our text link to your blogroll and leave us a link to it. http://www.networkingwitches.com
- Blog about this giveaway linking to Networking Witches and the sponsor. Come back and leave us the direct link. (4 entries)
- Fave us on Technorati (see right hand side for link) Leave us your user name in a comment.
Giveaway Ends 01/05/10 @ 11:59PM CST