St. Patricks has become a tradition all over the world. The authors of The Trader Joes Companion A Portable Cookbook have a good selection for your St. Pats festivities. Deana Gunn & Wona Miniati the the authors of The Trader Joe’s Companion A Portable Cookbook and Cooking All Things Trader Joes have the dessert recipe for you! The Trader Joes Companion A Portable Cookbook have perfect St. Patricks day combo for celebration.
The recipes in this book are delicious and fun. This cookbook did not come from Trader Joe’s, it came from Trader Joe’s fans ( Deana & Wona ). All of these recipes not only look good but they look healthful as well. Looking at the pictures gives you great ideas and recipes for a healthier you.
I do not have a Trader Joes near me but I have easily found substitutions that worked great in my meals and desserts. Whether you are a seasoned cook or new to cooking this book is for you. If you’re just starting to cook it’s great way to learn healthy now instead of later.
Our area doesn’t have very many organics but even though these organic items aren’t available most can be replaced with items from your local grocer and still make that delicious dish and still be healthy. The Trader Joes Companion A Portable Cook Book recipes will leave you wanting more. This giving you a nice break from your every day meals and offering your body a good variety. Check out Cooking with All Things Trader Joe’s on facebook for lots of great meal ideas.
Easy Shepherd’s Pie
1 pkg ground turkey (approx 1.3-1.4 lbs)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups Turkey Gravy, available in a box, or make your own **
1 (16 -oz) pkg frozen Organic Foursome, thawed, or other vegetable mixture of your choice
1 (28 -oz) pkg frozen Mashed Potatoes, prepared, or make your own using 4 russet potatoes
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
** Quick gravy (instructions included in step #4) using these 3 ingredients:
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chicken broth
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Heat olive oil in a medium-size fry pan. Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3) Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
4) If using boxed Turkey Gravy, pour into the cooked turkey and stir until combined. If making your own sauce, add flour to turkey, and cook 1 minute longer, stirring frequently. Add milk and chicken broth, cooking for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens to the consistency of gravy. Check for seasonings and add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Pour turkey mixture into the bottom of a baking dish. Sizes that work well are 9″x9″ or 8″x10″. Top with a layer of vegetables, and then a layer of mashed potatoes. Sprinkle cheese on top.
6) Bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.
The Authors of Trader Joe’s Companion A Portable Cookbook is giving a copy away to one Networking Witches Reader.
Go on over to Cooking with All Things Trader Joes Blog and tell me your favorite recipe.
- Follow Networking Witches on Networked Blogs
- Leave a message on Cooking With All Things Trader Joes Blog telling them Networking Witches sent you.
- Subscribe to Networking Witches Feed
- Subscribe to Networking Witches Emails
- Follow Cooking With All Things Trader Joes on Twitter
- Follow Networking Witches on Twitter
- Twitter this giveaway: Win Cooking With All Things Trader Joes @ #NetworkingWitches http://tinyurl.com/ydrfffv
- Grab our Bewitched Valentines Button
- Grab our button
- Add our text link to your blog roll
- Fave us on Technorati and please leave your user id
- Blog about this giveaway (5 entries)
Contest Ends 2/26/10 @ 11:59 pm est
Winner is #48 Darcie K!