It’s really starting to feel like Spring around my house. And I know that with spring comes gardening and the beauty of blooming flowers as well as, plenty of wind, rain, storms, and sometimes tornadoes. ‘Tis the season.
Energizer has us covered with the basic essentials for a power outage and even bad weather. Many times we head for candles when the electric goes out, which makes me twice as nervous. No electric, kids, and my elderly mother – with fire – roaming in the dark – during a storm. I kid you not it is one of the most worrisome things in our house.
Energizer sent us a Keep Safe. Keep Going. Emergency Kit, chocked full of batteries, a small battery operated radio, a cell phone charger that recharges up to 500 times and a flashlight. This flashlight will run on “AA” OR “AAA” batteries.
Use the Emergency Checklist provided on the Energizer website to get and keep you and your family prepared for an emergency. There is a weather center there as well, simply put in your zip code to check the weather in your area. As I write this, I’m checking my weather and just realized we have a weather alert for our area.
Here are some suggestions as to what you should put in your kit.
- Battery-powered radio or crank radio, to keep your family apprised of current weather-related news.
- Plenty of extra batteries. Energizer® Ultimate Lithium and Energizer® MAX® batteries (AA, AAA, C, D and 9-volt) provide long-lasting power before, during and after the storm. Lithium batteries have a long storage life, perform well in extreme temperatures and are perfect for use in LED flashlights and other high-tech devices, while Energizer® MAX® batteries are an ideal power source for standard flashlights and lanterns.
- Flashlight for every member of the family. Use flashlights instead of candles when the power goes out. Energizer® Weatheready™ lights feature long-lasting LED technology. With versatile flashlights and area lights, the Weatheready™line is designed to keep your family out of the dark.
- Battery-powered cell phone charger, to help keep the lines of communication open. Energizer Energi To Go® power packs help keep cell phones charged.
- Extra specialty batteries. Your health is your most important asset. Specialty batteries power critical health devices like hearing aids and blood glucose and blood pressure monitors.
The winners kit will come in a red bag and contain the types of items to think about including in a back-up power kit: battery-operated radio, flashlight, cell phone charger and extra batteries.
One NetWorkingWitches reader will win an Emergeny Power Kit SIMILAR to the one below. The winner’s kit will NOT be exactly as pictured. No lantern included and products WILL differ.
PLEASE DO NOT comment with “enter me”,”let me win”,or “sign me up”, as it will not count and will be deleted. Mandatory Entry MUST be completed.
- To Enter – Visit Energizer Keep Safe. Keep Going & tell us one thing you need to do to prepare for spring weather.
Extra Optional Entries –
- Follow Energizer on Twitter
- Join Energizer on Facebook. Maybe you could let them know you entered to win at NetWorkingWitches.com
- Subscribe to our Feed
- Follow us using Google Friend Connect ( top right side)
- Follow us using NetWorked Blogs
- Subscribe to our Email.
- Twitter this giveaway feel free to copy and paste this: (Daily Entry – you can tweet daily but must leave a direct link back to your tweet.)
RT @CountrySprite @Energizer Giveaway Energizer Emergency
Power Kit 4/18 http://tinyurl.com/ycecort
- Grab our *new FLORAL* button, and leave us the link of where to find it. Must be on the front page. (2 Entries)
Add our text link to your blogroll and leave us a link to it. http://www.networkingwitches.com
- Blog about this giveaway linking to Networking Witches. Come back and leave us the direct link. (3 entries)
- Submit this giveaway link on another site, leave us the link to find it. (technorati, stumble, linky, etc,…) 1 Entry for each verifiable link.
- Enter another one of our giveaways. Enter all you want, but only 1 bonus entry. Comment here with which one you entered.
- Enter our giveaway for 04/12/10 Yes To Cookies Giveaway
Giveaway Ends 04/18/10 @ 11:59PM CST
I was sent sample(s) or similar of the above mentioned product(s) to review, I was not paid any monetary compensation for this review. This post is my opinion and should be taken as just that. Having received samples has no impact on my personal use, experience, or like for any product.
Please feel free to read our disclosure, or rules for entering if applicable.
Winner Is Comment #401 Sarah L.