Yesterday I opened up my Ceiva (See-Va) to begin setting it up, and quickly realized there wasn’t a whole lot there. I know this is a very wordy post, however if you have any interest in digital photo frames, or sharing photos with friends/family far away then this is a must read. (Mother’s Day Special at the end, don’t miss it!)
In the Box:
- 1 CEIVA Pro 80 Digital Photo Frame
- 1 AC Power Supply
- 1 Dual Jack Adapter
- 1 QuickStart Guide
- 1 QuickTips
- 1 Media Server Instruction Book
- 1 CEIVA Wireless Adapter
- 2 Interchangeable Frame Finishes in Black and Wood
My point? It’s not intimidating to pull out of the box.
Then a migraine hit and I had to retire my efforts.
Today I spoke with our wonderful sponsor and she put me on the phone with a great Ceiva Rep., Oscar.
Oscar and I had a great time on the phone, especially when I had to put the WEP Key to my router in. But let’s back up a bit.
Oscar was great, introduced himself by name right away and off we went setting up my Ceiva. I wanted the FULL customer experience. So I opted to have him walk me through set up, rather than doing it myself online.
If Oscar was prompted with a computer on his end, he did great. He knew what areas of the frame were coming up and when. He simply knew the product. Very impressive.
If you all have read many of my reviews you know I have proudly kicked and thrown tervis tumblers, and the munchie mug all over the yard and house. So Oscar being so familiar with the product, then became a twisted little challenge for myself. (And no I have not kicked my Ceiva for any purpose, not even a test.)
I know this is a great product, a beautiful frame. But I want to see just how well Oscar and perhaps other reps know the Ceiva.I drilled Oscar with questions that I thought would stump him up. I even asked him what other bloggers often ask him. The only question I asked him that he wasn’t 100% sure of, but went to check was the amount of bandwidth the frame uses. Answer is, as you upload or send photo’s to the Ceiva it compresses them, therefore it uses just a little less space than it would on your computer. A redundant question if you have an ISP with unlimited bandwidth.
Oscar set up my account over the phone – some people will give the Ceiva as a gift to those that don’t have a computer, so that’s the path I wanted to walk on. One question I asked, was what was the hardest part in helping an older person such as Grandma that doesn’t have a computer, and isn’t computer savvy. His answer was simple. The lack of knowing computer mumbo jumbo, such as wifi, download, upload, etc,… I can easily see my 70+ Aunt with no computer setting the Ceiva up with help of a customer service rep. Definitely do-able.
The “hard” part to setting up the Ceiva for me was that I live in a very rural area, dial up isn’t even available where I live. We don’t even have cell phone service at home. I had to go with the wifi choice. My router key is very long. It’s much like entering a text message on a cell phone, but it’s being entered into the frame. Since I’m not a “texter” this was amusing to bystanders, and I’m sure to Oscar as I mumbled out each key and number, followed by “No, Rose dang it – wrong number.” Oscar didn’t laugh at me. He simply said “Careful Rose, don’t hit clear all.” I managed to get my 18 character key put into my Ceiva Frame for wifi use. Now keep in mind, the frame IS dial-up friendly and you do not need a computer to set it up. I of course asked Oscar what would we be doing if I was using dial-up. He said it would be easier, as I would have selected telephone line, and entered a telephone number instead of my long wifi key.
There are SO many features with Ceiva, that I could go on and on for hours. I haven’t even touched on the extra features like channels that you can use on your Ceiva, or the fun photo editing options. Grab the weather with your favorite photos! Would you like a daily quote, or perhaps your horoscope … it’s there – right there on Ceiva Frames.
Each Ceiva Frame is sold as a “starter pack”, comes with everything required to set it up. There isn’t a lot to this massive frame, but it works like a dream. One year picture delivery included with the purchase, activated when you set your Ceiva up.
* Phone and Wi-Fi connectivity
* Media Server connectivity (learn more)
* Built-in memory card reader
* Interchangeable black and wood-finish faceplates (included) or custom skin designs (optional via skinit.com)
* Easy-to-use on screen menu to control display modes, rotation and deletion, slideshow transition and timing, screen on and off times and more.
* Perfect True-to-Photo™ display (no stretching, cropping or squishing)
* PicturePlan photo delivery service required — 1 year included
o Invite friends and family to send photos to your frame from anywhere in the world — for free.
o Unlimited photo storage and customization, channel selections (news, weather, calendar, sports & more) and greeting cards.
o PicturePlan Lifetime Warranty (if it breaks, we fix it for free*)* Customer pays return postage
For a limited time only, customers can take advantage of CEIVA’s “Bedazzle Your Mom with Photos” special offer connected photo frames. Complete with a free CEIVA “Dazzle Crystal Kit,” the CEIVA Pro 80™ connected photo frame with a one-year PicturePlan® is specially priced at $147.99 and available beginning March 15, 2010 at www.ceiva.com.
Don’t want to wait to see if you win? Buy it now! $147.99 for the CEIVA Pro 80™ Starter Pack Comes with the Bedazzle Kit!
One NetWorkingWitches reader will win their own Ceiva Frame!
PLEASE DO NOT comment with “enter me”,”let me win”,or “sign me up”, as it will not count and will be deleted. Mandatory Entry MUST be completed.
- To Enter – Visit Ceiva and tell me which frame is your favorite AND why, maybe a feature or color?
Extra Optional Entries –
- Follow Ceiva on Twitter
- Join Ceiva on Facebook. Maybe you could let them know you entered to win at NetWorkingWitches.com (2 Entries)
- Subscribe to our Feed
- Follow us using Google Friend Connect ( top right side)
- Follow us using NetWorked Blogs
- Subscribe to our Email.
- Twitter this giveaway feel free to copy and paste this: (Daily Entry – you can tweet daily but must leave a direct link back to your tweet.)
RT @CountrySprite @ceiva Giveaway No PC Needed Digital Photo Frame
For Mom! 4/30 http://tinyurl.com/ykes26g
- Grab our *new FLORAL* button, and leave us the link of where to find it. Must be on the front page. (2 Entries)
Add our text link to your blogroll and leave us a link to it. http://www.networkingwitches.com
- Blog about this giveaway linking to Networking Witches. Come back and leave us the direct link. (3 entries)
- Submit this giveaway link on another site, leave us the link to find it. (technorati, stumble, linky, etc,…) 1 Entry for each verifiable link.
- Enter another one of our giveaways. Enter all you want, but only 1 bonus entry. Comment here with which one you entered.
- Enter our giveaway (while it’s open) for 04/16/10 Mommy Pads & More Stamp Or Note Pad Giveaway
Giveaway Ends 04/30/10 @ 11:59PM CST