Only One Year
By Andrea Cheng
Illustrated by Nicole Wong
Grade and Interest Level 2-5
Sharon can hardly believe the news. Di Di, her two-year-old brother, is being taken to China to spend a year with their grandparents. Why can’t he go to day care or be watched by a babysitter when Mama goes back to work? Sharon wonders. But her parents say it is better for relatives to take care of little children.
After Di Di first leaves, Sharon and her younger sister, Mary, pore over the photographs their grandma sends, trying to keep their little brother fresh in their minds. As the year passes, the girls become involved with school, friends, and hobbies. They think of Di Di less often. Then one day he is home again, and it feels as if a stranger has entered their lives. The children struggle to sort out their mixed emotions but soon discover that the bonds among siblings hold strong.
Only One Year is a reassuring story and gentle tribute to the enduring love of family, even when it is tested by a difficult choice. This is a great book for fighting siblings to read, although it’s a good book for all kids. It does show the cultural differences in families and teaches an important lesson on taking your siblings for granted. This does teach that families are closely bonded with love and heritage.
One Networking Witches reader will be blessed to win Only One Year by Andrea Cheng
Go to the Lee & Low Website and have a look around tell me one of their new books coming out you would love to read.
- Visit the Lee & Low Books Blog and leave them a message telling them Networking Witches sent you and leave me the link and your user name.
- Fan Lee & Low Books on Facebook and leave me your user name.
- Fan Networking Witches on Networked Blogs and leave us your user name
- Subscribe to Networking Witches New Feed Please RESUB! Feed
- Subscribe to Networking Witches NEW Please RESUB! Emails
- Follow Lee & Low Books on Twitter
- Follow Networking Witches on Twitter and leave us your user name
- Tweet this giveaway 2 x daily and leave the link: #Giveaway at #Networkingwitches for Only One Year by Andrea Cheng http://tinyurl.com/2a7b49d
- Grab our button and leave us the link to find it
- Add our text link to your blog roll
- Blog about this giveaway and leave us the link(5 entries)
- Submit this giveaway on another site (ie: linky, prizey, a forum, etc,…) leave us a (verifiable) link +1 for each link.
- Enter the Networking Witches Omnibalm Giveaway
- Enter the Networking Witches Fantasy Jewelry Box Giveaway
Giveaway Ends 6/25/10 @ 11:59 pm est
I follow on networked blogs