My children and I have a long standing tradition. On Black Friday (after I’ve hit early sales of course) we make gingerbread houses. We use old Halloween Candy and sometimes left over Easter Candy to make our master pieces. I almost always buy the kits but this year I’m convinced myself I can make them from scratch. (Have you seen the prices of the kits?)
Why do I think I can make them from scratch? I have “How To Build A Gingerbread House” by Christina Banner, who is a Food Network Challenge Champion. She makes it look awfully easy and I’m hoping over the Thanksgiving Holiday we can each create something not out of a box and on our own.
Not only are there step by step instructions to make the gingerbread, cut it out, and put it together, but after that you are free to be creative. My favorite roof topper Neccos are in this book but there are a ton of other roofing ideas that will make each house look different. It had never occurred to me to use one of my favorite candies for roofing, snowcaps.
How To Build A Gingerbread House also shows you how to make some items from scratch, like the green trees and a wreath. Gingerbread houses aren’t just for Christmas though, you can make a creation for Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween and my favorite Birthday. So bring the family together for some quality time.
Share with us any of your past gingerbread making tales or what type of gingerbread house you would love to make
- If you are a follower of Networking Witches on Networked Blogs and leave us your user name and we’ll give you 1 extra entry
- Have you Fanned Networking Witches on our Facebook Fan Page? If so you can have an extra entry just let me know your user name.
- Subscribe to Networking Witches and leave us your info Feed
- Subscribe to Networking Witches and leave us your email Emails
- Follow CountrySprite on Twitter and leave me your user name
- Follow Networking Witches on Twitter and leave us your user name
- Tweet this giveaway and leave the link (hourly): RT #Giveaway at #NetworkingWitches for Food Networks, Christina Banners How To Build A Gingerbread House *2* Winners http://wp.me/pKFiJ-2Xr
- Grab our button and leave us the link to find it
- Add our text link to your blog roll and leave us the link
- Blog about this giveaway and leave us the link(5 entries)
- Submit this giveaway on another site (ie: linky, prizey, a forum, etc,…) leave us a (verifiable) link +1 for each link.
- Enter the Networking Witches JVC Giveaway
- Enter the Networking Witches Susan’s Soaps Giveaway
- Enter the Networking Witches Soy Delites Giveaway
Winners are #