Easter Bunny Cake
Total Time: 45 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 box(es) (18.25) cake mix , any flavor, check box for additional ingredients required, such as eggs and vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 can(s) (16 oz. each) vanilla frosting
- for decorating assorted candies, : jelly beans, licorice ropes, licorice strips, Jordan almonds (or any other egg-shaped candy), sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and follow instructions to bake cake in two 8-inch round pans. Remove from pans and let cool completely.
- Using sharp paring knife, cut one layer into three pieces to form ears and bow. Using a bit of frosting, attach both ears to the top of the round cake and the bow tie to the opposite end.
- Cover entire cake with frosting, using a lightly swirled pattern. Create the bunny’s face by using jelly beans for the eyes, a Jordan almond for the nose and licorice rope for the whiskers and mouth. Decorate the bow tie with jelly beans in the center and licorice strips on the sides. Adorn the ears with sprinkles or decorating sugar.
Use chocolate cake mix and milk chocolate icing for a brown bunny cake.
You can also use white cake mix and tint it any color you like with food coloring, same with white icing. Kids love bright colored blue, pink, yellow or green bunny cakes.
I always take a little of the white icing and tint it pink and spread it on the bow.