Living with lyme disease means that I’m prescribed an anti-biotic quite a bit. This tends to wash away the good bacteria in my tummy and causes me to have horrid stomach spasms of sorts. Kind of hard to explain, but it’s painful.
If I even suspect that I’m going to get one of those stomach spasms, I reach for yogurt. For me, it soothes my stomach when it hurts. I’m not sure how or why this works, but I do know that it works for me and my Dr. said that it was a great idea. With his support, I move forward – armed with yogurt.
I also know that adding yogurt to my diet is a great choice to help make sure I get the recommended three servings of dairy a day. Getting those three servings a day as adults, into our busy daily lives can be a challenge, getting those three servings a day into a child/teens diet can really serve a challenge to us as parents.
Make breakfast your favorite time of day with a delicious cup of Dannon ® Oikos® Greek yogurt!
With Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt, you can live healthy and love it while cutting down on your
morning crunch time. The fresh taste will wake you up your taste buds and help get you ready for
whatever the day brings!
Made from an authentic Greek straining method that, Dannon Oikos is a creamy-thick (and easy!)
addition to your morning routine. With twice the protein of regular lowfat yogurt* and 0% fat, all you
need is a spoon to get and stay on a nutritious track, without compromising on great taste.
Flavors are plentiful:
Available in Plain, Vanilla and Fruit on the Bottom, Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Black Cherry,and new flavors Pineapple and Apricot Mango
- Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt contains active yogurt cultures and ranges from 80 calories (plain) to 140 calories (fruit on the bottom) per 5.3 oz cup.
- Dannon® Oikos® Strawberry and Blueberry 0% fat yogurts beat Chobani® 2:1 in a national taste test.
If you’re anything like me, you prefer the quart containers to either get a serving or have more on hand to use in recipes.
- Dannon Oikos Greek Traditional is a whole milk Greek yogurt blended with delicious fruit (3g of saturated fat per 5.3 oz.). It comes in three flavors: Strawberry, Raspberry and Key Lime.
- Rich and creamy Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt can help you kick start your day on the right track as part of a balanced breakfast packed with protein, all while not giving up great taste! Rounding it off and getting in all three of the recommended three servings of dairy a day.
- If you’re looking for tips, ideas and/or recipes to make sure your family is getting that recommended amount of dairy a day, be sure to take a moment to connect with Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt on Facebook, and you’ll find @Dannon on Twitter. Stay tuned as we bring more to you from Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt!
What do you do to make sure you and your family receive your daily suggested amount of dairy?
I have partnered with Dannon to help promote Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt. I have been compensated for my time commitment to review the product. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
* Oikos Greek Nonfat yogurt: 12 g Protein (24%DV), Regular lowfat yogurt: 5g protein (10%DV) per 5.3oz.
**Oikos is a registered trademark of Stonyfield Farm, Inc. used under license by The Dannon Company, Inc.