Networking Witches and the posts on Networking Witches may contain affiliate links or sponsored posts. We may or may not receive a small fee for posts and images on this website
We’ve all seen the commercials on TV and around the internet for Blue Apron. From the first time I saw the company and what they do I was curious. Recently, I was given the opportunity to review their family sized box, and I got so much more than I was hoping for.
Blue Apron’s mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone. They most certainly did this for our family and my husband and I are now talking about replacing our twice a month going out to eat with a weekly Blue Apron Meal, and here’s why.
- All of the food, spices and oils were included in our box. Most of the time when we go out for dinner it’s not because we are in the need to be social, it’s because it’s grocery time and we lack the ingredients to make the meals we like.
- There is fresh food and fresh meat or protein in the box. When I say we received the perfect vegetables in the box I mean they were scrubbed clean and ready for a rinse and preparation.
- The boxes are catered to what your family likes. You fill out main information about your protein source and they send meals around that information.
- You get to try new food. We tried foods we’ve never tried before and we loved it. My kids always turned their nose up at sweet potatoes but when that was dinner and put in front of them they ate them and loved them.
Steak Sandwiches and Roasted Carrots
- The boys cheered and loved the first nights dinner of Steak Sandwiches and roasted carrots. The steak had no fat on it and it was delicious. The meal had easy to follow directions right down to how to make the roasted carrots, which I’ve never made.
- We topped these sandwiches with Arugula and an easy to make Lemon Mayonnaise sauce. It was absolutely delicious and easily fed our family of 4. There was more than enough food and I have 2 teen boys that are huge eaters.
- This meal took less than 45 minutes total to make.
I had my dobuts about this meal because we had never tried Miso and my family doesn’t like sweet dinners and this contained honey. I was also concerned because I’m not big on pan frying chicken.
I should not have worried. There are step by step directions to cooking the chicken and it turned out beautifully, the Miso and Honey were the perfect combination and the dish was not sweet. It was the perfect sauce for the chicken.
The box comes with 8×10 Cards that have step by step instructions for cooking your meals. They also have step by step photos to help demonstrate what you’re supposed to be doing. I will say that my husband did have to step in and save me once but it was a quick turn of the chicken while I was rotating the sweet potatoes.
My husband and I were both in the kitchen for this and we enjoyed our time together and sitting down as a family to a new and different meal. When you compare the price to buying the groceries or going out to dinner Blue Apron is the way to go. With in the next few days my husband and I are going to sit down and plan Blue Apron meals into our grocery budget and remove our eating out budget.
Sign Up with this link to Blue Apron for a money savings deal!