I have used Nielsen-Massey Vanillas since I was introduced to their product in 2010. Their flavors are the finest quality I’ve tried. Recently, I was given their Pure Lemon Extract to review. I’ve been short on time but wanted to make something the whole family would enjoy and that screamed “Spring is HERE!”.
My daughter and I sat down and made Sugar Cookies with a Cream Cheese Lemon Frosting that was almost homemade. The results were a big hit and we shared with the Syrup Posse (my husband and his friends that were making homemade maple syrup). The cookies were gone with in an hour of creation.
- Tube of Sugar Cookie Dough
- Tub of Cream Cheese Frosting
- Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Extract
- Cookie Decorations of Choice
- Cut cookie dough into 1/4 in slices. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake according to the package directions. When the cookies come out of the oven they should be perfectly round.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Extract into the cream cheese frosting. Make sure you mix very well. You may have to adjust the amount you use to your liking. My daughter got a little dish of her own and added a bit more lemon extract for a stronger lemon tasted.
- With a butter knife frost your cookies. We added swirls and different designs to ours. Immediately decorate with your cookie decorations. We used non perils candies of various colors and tried to give the cookies a floral and spring look.
This is super simple and fun to do with the whole family. Our family is on Spring Break right now and this was a fun project with an edible result.