Networking Witches and the posts on Networking Witches may contain affiliate links or sponsored posts. We may or may not receive a small fee for posts and images on this website
It’s gotten cold here and it’s time for some comfort food, but comfort doesn’t have to be unhealthy. There are so many healthier meals that can be made easily and economically. My family has a NEW favorite dish to add to our monthly menu. This delicious meal is a combination of al fresco chicken sausage, brown Minute Rice, fresh ingredients and canned to create a fabulous gather around the table Italian dinner.
- 2 Packages of al fresco Chicken Sausage
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Course Colored Peppers (or whatever type you have on hand)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 Can of Spinach (Drained)
- 2 Jars Spaghetti Sauce
- Brown Minute Rice
- Slice al fresco Chicken Sausage into bite sized pieces.
- In a deep skillet add olive oil, sausage, onion and peppers. Cook on medium high heat until vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in basil and garlic.
- Add spinach and spaghetti sauce.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- In another pan cook the number of desired servings of Brown Minute Rice.
- When both are finished spoon the al fresco mixture over the rice for a delicious meal.