Great Ways To Brighten Up Your Home – Accents For Spring

Networking Witches and the posts on Networking Witches may contain affiliate links or sponsored posts. We may or may not receive a small fee for posts and images on this website

Gone is the excitement of the Christmas season and the passion of Valentines. Now it’s time for Easter and Spring. The renewal that Mother Nature blesses us with each year. For many of us Spring has come earlier than usual or at least for us here in Michigan. We’ve had January thaw and a February thaw and have been left with nothing but gray skies and muddy ground. Usually, this time of year we’re frozen and huddled around the fireplace and wondering when the temps will be above 0.

I’m using this time embrace and liven up my home, and dream about what I’ll do in the yard this year. That said I have been searching for things to breathe life into our home and to make it more homey. Here are a few things I fallen in love with.

I’m a tablecloth kind of girl. I have my grandmothers furniture and a beautiful dining set from my parents and I want to keep them looking their best. My table has never seen a meal with out a tablecloth and I find that it perks up the dining room.

If you’ve read my articles lately you’ll see I’m trying my hand at house plants. This is a great cross between a succulent planter and start of a faerie house. Could be a lot of fun especially if you have small children. Plants bring a spark of life to your home and for me when it’s dark and dreary outside it makes me smile.

Another super quick tip is to change the look of your sofa pillows. This pretty set of pillow case covers are perfect freshening up those old pillows everyone has been laying on this winter.

A double bonus are throw rugs. You can get them inexpensively and they can totally change the look of your room. Carpets come in different shapes and sizes and if you’re like me they are the perfect way to hide those hideous spots your kids have left behind.

Finally, if you have a rainy day and find you doubting yourself, get a copy of YOU ARE A BADASS by Jen Sincero. Karie, from the Five Fish gifted me with this book and it has become my second Bible. This book isn’t boring is is guaranteed to give you laughs as you learn to love yourself more and have more confidence in the decisions you make. ***Bonus – Jen Sincero*** was featured in last months Family Circle!

So here’s the thing, While we’ve had these beautiful thaws and small respites from our normal dull Winters, it’s not over. What do you do to freshen your home’s look?

14 comments for “Great Ways To Brighten Up Your Home – Accents For Spring

1. Sue E
    February 28, 2017 at 6:08 am

Some of my ideas are similar to yours! I even giggled a bit when you mentioned the area rug! I too would liven up the room with a cheery area rug to hide those hard to get out spills from the grandkids and some of the spots made by my furry friends! I also like the decorative pillow changes. They can add a little color to any room. Another thing I am a stickler about are my tablecloths! I have different ones for the seasons and for when the grandkids come over and play with their markers, crayons, paint, play doh, etc. our dining room table is an older wood set that I am trying to preserve for ??? Great article! Great minds think alike ????

2. Lyndsey R.
    February 28, 2017 at 9:08 am

Interchanging table clothes is one of my favorite things to do for the new season. I love warm colors in the winter/fall and bright colors for the summer/spring. Also, my flower arrangements have to match my table clothes in some way. Thank you for these other tips!

3. February 28, 2017 at 11:48 am

I am so glad to hear I’m not the only tablecloth obsessed person. My husband always tells me it’s just so old fashioned. I like it though and it serves both a purpose and decorative function.

4. Amber Ludwig
    February 28, 2017 at 12:34 pm

I love bright accent pieces!! they really brighten a home!! I think I need a new rug for this upcoming spring!!

5. Terry Poage
    February 28, 2017 at 12:48 pm

I love the planter and the rug. There are so many things you can do to freshen up your home for Spring including cleaning it.

March 1, 2017 at 7:47 am

I think these are all great ideas. I love using color in different areas such as rugs and pillows to brighten up a room. Thank you so much for sharing this. Have a wonderful spring

7. March 2, 2017 at 9:52 am

I love spring when everything comes to life. I do use some of these tips in my home. Change my tablecloth to brighten the dinning room. Use bright sheets and buy a new comforter

8. Brandi Dawn
    March 4, 2017 at 4:04 pm

These are all very beautiful pieces. I absolutely LOVE that rug! The colors really pop the way its being used in that room!

9. Lynne B
    March 16, 2017 at 1:35 pm

I love the rug in your picture! It’s a nice, bold statement piece!

March 27, 2017 at 10:46 am

I do like the lovely table cloths in the photos. I am always looking for a well made yet washable table cloth for my dining room table.

11. Ann
    April 24, 2017 at 10:18 pm

I like your ideas! I’ve been doing quite a bit of work on my father’s house. Over the past weekend, my mom and I (well, it was mostly my mom!) helped him spruce up the front yard. It looks SO MUCH BETTER!!!! I wish we would have taken before-and-after photos– and we’re not even done, at all! We pretty much just pulled out all of the weeds, overgrowth, etc. But it made such a huge difference, and it’s a major refresh. I’ve got this renewed energy now, and have really started to tackle the Spring Cleaning in his house: windows, getting rid of the dreaded “stuff,” and so on. My mom coming over to help, and all of her energy, was contagious. A great motivator, too! 🙂

12. Lauryn R
    May 16, 2017 at 4:58 pm

These are some great ways to brighten up your home, thank you so much for sharing! I also love to decorate my home for the different seasons and holidays! 🙂

13. Margaret Appel
    June 4, 2017 at 2:30 am

I love your ideas for freshening up your house for spring and summer. I need to do some of that with our house, everything just kind of blends in now and becomes invisible. Then company comes & it’s like OMG I didn’t notice that! Thanks for the ideas!

August 16, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Great ideas. I love the tablecloth and pillow Now it is again time to spruce up for fall and the holidays. Thank you so much for sharing this. God Bless