Women Are The Stronger Sex, Let’s Teach Our Children Well

Recently, while reading a women empowerment article it came to me,  I am all for women’s rights but I’m not really for the old version of ERA.  Wait!  Before you slay me I want to explain.  Lately, I’ve been listening to women tear each down instead of building each other up.  There has been no love or encouragement.  And frankly, I’m ashamed of our sex!

I’m ashamed that we the better and most powerful sex have failed to take the high road and use what we have been given by God to promote each other.  I would also like to remind women that we have raised these men and taught them how to treat us.  NOW, we as women need to think about what we want and teach our sons better, so that they will grow into men that are respectful and loving toward the women in their life.

I’m not writing to tackle abortion, our rights in the military or equal pay, because these are just the tip of the iceberg.  Men that pass laws, all had moms.  Moms like you and me who are raising boys.  I don’t have to protest to teach them right from wrong.  I don’t have to scream and yell at them that we deserve equal pay.  I have been blessed to have a husband by my side all of these years, but many women haven’t been so lucky.  They have raised their children on their own, and this should encourage those children to do better for moms and dads.  My husband and I have worked to teach our daughter and sons by example, that they can achieve anything they want with determination.  We have taught them morals, manners and the importance of hard work.

Women have been blessed to bring life into this world and this alone makes us the most powerful sex.  I believe men are the weaker sex and women have to nurture and care for them to turn them into adults.  We raise the young, we hold down jobs, we cook, clean and do so many things that we can’t be replaced.  So why, are we not teaching men how to treat us by example?

Part of the reason, I think, is because women have choices.  We have many more choices than men.  We decide if we will have children or a family, we decide whether we want to continue working or stay home, we decide if we go into the military or not.  Men can’t have children, generally speaking have to hold a job, possibly pay child support with OUR decision whether or not to have children, and are required by law to register and possibly be drafted.  To me this says, the ball is in our court ladies.

Does this mean I don’t stand up for women’s rights?  Does this mean I don’t agree with marching for our rights?  NO!  It means, there is right way and wrong way to everything, and women marching with vaginas on their heads humiliated as women.  We should march on our beliefs, we should gather in groups and discuss how better to teach our children.  Instead, I had my 14 year old son come home from school laughing that women were marching with vaginas on their heads and then asking me point blank if they (the men) should be marching with condoms on their heads.  (I can tell you that I laughed hard before addressing this with him).

I guess my point is women who feel powerless and are not being oppressed can find a better way to protest, march and argue.  We need to support each other and our individual choices.  When I quit corporate to stay home and raise my children I was frowned upon.  It’s time we realize we HAVE choices and that we CAN educate the future population of this country simply be being women.

12 comments for “Women Are The Stronger Sex, Let’s Teach Our Children Well

1. Irene Lirette
    March 13, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Interesting article. I taught my children to respect everyone wether you like them or not, and to not judge others! You never know what some one is going through. I have to say at 25 & 29 they are quiet the adults! 🙂

2. Sue E
    March 13, 2017 at 6:36 pm

I used to hear women had the brains & men had the brawn. But now women workout just as hard and are winning men categories in sports & more!!
    We raised 4 daughters and now we have 15 grandchildren; 11 of them are girls.
    I raised my girls with the philosophy that they can do whatever a man can do! Maybe even better! But we raised them to do things with class and pride!
    That whatever choice they made, they can still look in the mirror with no regrets!! Also to put God first and then their families – after all God blessed them with their families!!
    If I found out they did something as degrading as the women mentioned in the review above, I would me disappointed and mad at them, because they were taught better than that!
    As a matter of fact, my one daughter’s husband was murdered and she’s been raising 3 kids on her own for six years now. Her youngest was almost one when he died. She doesn’t want any pity. I am really proud of her!!

3. March 13, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Sue, I love your response and I’m so sorry for your daughter. I’m not sending my pity but admiration for the hard work she must do to raise her family on her own.

4. Deborah H Caudill
    March 14, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Finally! I thought I was the only woman who thought women marching with vaginas on their heads was ridiculous (I am with your son on that one). The slut walks protesting rape? I just don’t get it. I was there in the late 60’s and early 70’s when lots of women burned their bras (they cost too much now and I’m sure the women of my mom’s generation thought we were crazy then). My mom will be 93 in May and she told me she was proud of my older sister and me for standing up for women’s rights and for getting some laws changed for the better. It also amazes me that one of the organizers of the D.C. Womens’ March is Linda Sarsour, an American Muslim, living in Brooklyn, who wants Sharia law in America. How can feminists follow someone who thinks Sharia law is a good thing. One of the keynote speakers at the above-mentioned Womens’ March, was Donna Hylton, a convicted kidnapper, torturer, rapist and murderer, who spent 27 years in prison for her crimes. There are many articles about her viciously brutal crimes. Why would anyone follow her. I am a 62 year old single mom who raised my now 27 year old son by example. I taught him how women should be treated and respected by living my life that way. My son is a fine young msn and I am very proud of him. Thanks for your article. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

5. Brandi Dawn
    March 16, 2017 at 10:52 am

I agree with this post so much! I do wish women realized how much power we really do have.

6. Tamra Gibson
    March 16, 2017 at 10:54 pm

Awesome!! I’ve always tried to instill this in my girls and now my g.kids. I think it takes a woman to get to a certain age before she really realizes her strength and value. Women r amazing creatures and tho I’m not the most confident I do know that includes ME♡♡

7. gloria patterson
    March 17, 2017 at 10:30 am

Enjoyed this and it made me think about my sister in law. She had 3 boys, worked full time and always had a clean house. She taught her sons that woman were their equal not their maids.

8. Lynne B
    March 17, 2017 at 8:08 pm

I particularly liked what you said in the beginning. I’ve seen so many women who try to tear other women down instead of supporting each other. I agree that we should build each other up!

9. Phyllis Huebbe
    March 22, 2017 at 12:37 pm

We are stronger in May areas

10. natalie nichols
    March 26, 2017 at 7:41 pm

We do need to teach our children well and put the phones down to spend time with them.

11. Kathy Ross
    April 19, 2017 at 12:39 pm

I think I did a pretty good job with my boys. They are very well manured and dependable young men now.

12. Cheryl Everitt
    April 25, 2017 at 11:06 am

Wonderful article and right to the point! Thank you.