This weekend Neal and Quinn are camping and gathering life skills. Ian will be working overtime and because he works nights, I’m pretty much on my own. I can honestly say I’m giddy with excitement for a bit of peace and quiet, for some time to spend on myself (NOOOOT!). Yes, I’m going to miss everyone but it’s just for the weekend and I have plans.
The house needs a good cleaning and while the guys are here it’s an almost impossible task. I’m luckier than most because I get their help and while I do appreciate it, it just touches the surface. Our house is dark inside and has very little natural light. It’s a PIA because I would love to have a jungle growing in here but when I bring plants home they can count on it being a death sentence. So taking a look around this morning I realized I’m not helping myself any by displaying things that are in the brown, beige and brick looking color family. I need to add some color, so while I clean up a bit I’m intending to scour the closets and boxes for some color and hopefully it will add a living look to the living room.
So here are my goals for the weekend and crossing my fingers that I get it all done. After all, I really don’t want to push myself too hard on my weekend alone.
- Finish the laundry, every dab of it. Then throw away all unmatched socks. Cause if the laundry is done and there are socks left it’s safe to say I’m not going to find those socks.
- Clean the laundry room, dust, sweep scrub
- Bleach out the dishwasher
- Scrub kitchen counters and wipe down the cupboards
- Sweep and mop mudroom, laundry room, kitchen and dining room
- Dust mantle and find colorful items to add to the Willow Tree Angels
- Take a duster through the house around the ceiling and in the corners
- Wipe light switches
But first I”m off to start dinner. I want to send them off with a nice hot comfy meal. I’m trying a new recipe for homemade Cream of Tomato Soup and will add toasted cheese sandwiches. Sending them off with their tummies full of comfort food makes me smile!